Thursday, April 13, 2006

Spring Cleaning

My spring break is nearly half way over. And that means my spring cleaning to-do list should be half way through, right?! Not so. But I have tackled several major tasks--cleaning the entire office, including going through the file cabinet and shredding everything dated before 2006; cleaning out all of my kitchen cabinets, reorganizing them, and throwing away food and items that we don't use and won't use.

Here is what I've accomplished thus far:
1. Cleaning out the office (Emptying file cabinet, putting all pictures into albums)
2. Thoroughly cleaning the livingroom blinds
3. Cleaning out the cabinets in the kitchen
4. Filling boxes and taking them to Goodwill
5. Moving my winter clothes to the "other" dresser

What's left to do???
1. Scrub the kitchen and bathroom floors
2. Clean out the hall closet
3. Wash all the windows in my house-inside and out
4. Scrub my car--inside and out

Hmmm....the list could go on and on. I think I have to be a little more realistic and work on my list over the next several weeks! Spring break was a nice idea, as far as spring cleaning goes, but 7 days only gets you so far. Especially when you have outlet shopping to do, friends to see, parties to attend, and a puppy dog to love on! ;-)

Has anyone else started to tackle spring cleaning? What have you accomplished so far?

5 comments:

Briana Almengor said...

WOW!
I've accomplished nearly nothing. I've been pretty much consumed emotionally and mentally w/ the Haughery's, praying and crying and searching for scriptures/quotes to send them, thinking up ways I can be a blessing or help to them right now.
But, I did manage to vaccuum the kitchen vent that was disgusting and wipe down the kitchen windows (only inside) the other day. That and laundry and meals is pretty much all I've done all week...not kidding.
Get it all done now b/c honey, when you're a momma, you just can't get to it all!!

Unknown said...

I wish we could all have swapping chores... I can't even get the laundry from washer to dryer now that I'm working....
Our tile floor has gone unmopped in about 4 weeks...
Hope all is well- it was great to hear from you. Keep in touch!
Nora

Zoanna said...

Spring cleaning and spring break are hard to enjoy together, so say my kids. My bedroom has been priority one. So far I've washed all the windows there inside, washed the curtains, scrubbed the sills with a Q-tip, gone thru 3 boxes of clutter and put stuff out for the charity truck. The kids did the non-shelf parts of the garage and put lots of trash out. Sarah's curtains got washed, and so did a couple throws. Today is a thorough dusting under the family room chairs and vacuuming behind sofas. So much more to do, but Chuck E. Cheese got chucked yesterday so that S&S could help my folks set up for Passover at the firehall. We will head out in 8 minutes to have some fun at skeeball and then go to half of Ben's lacrosse game, and then to Passover to celebrate Jesus. Yay! It's really gonna take a summer break (or longer) to do everything on that "spring cleaning list."

Zoanna said...

I meant to say "congratulations!" That's quite a chore to put all pix in albums. Keep at it; don't let 19 years' worth build up like I have! There ain't enough springs in one's life to do it that way!

Danielle said...

Wow, way to go, Lib! I'm not so far along. The "big" things I need to do require Josh (i.e. clean out the basement) so we're waiting for this job to get over!