Sunday, April 30, 2006

April showers bring....New Freedom, PA

Well folks, it is with mixed emotions that I post our moving news. Miguel and I put a contract on a new townhome today! It is a gorgeous (at least what I can tell from the drywall!), underconstruction, yet to be finished townhouse in New Freedom, PA. We've been in our current home a little over a year, yet feel a leading to buy a townhouse in PA and rent our current home. We see this as a wise investment, a risk worth taking while we are young and childless. So while we signed contracts today, we wait for more open doors. We wait for a renter to be placed in our paths. We wait for our financing to be fully approved. Please pray that God's will is clearly revealed to us. Pray for peace over all of the decisions and details yet to be worked out. Pray that our hearts will not become anxious. And PRAY that if we do move, I don't eat too much icecream from this great little icecream/snowball shop called Bonkie's!!!

On a practical note, if you or anyone you know is looking for a place to rent, give us a call. =)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! You're going to be neighbors with Erkia and Aaron! Where, exactly, are they building in New Freedom? I'm sad that now that we're closer you'll be moving farther away. That just means more trips to PA, which I always love.

Karen Hevesy said...

Bonkie's is my sister's favorite ice cream place! You have got to be moving right near her. They have an awesome Super Wal-Mart.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Everyone who talks about New Freedom/Shrewsbury mentions the Super Wal-Mart. I think that's so funny. It is the biggest social meeting place in the area, though.

Zoanna said...

Wow, Lib. This comes as quite a surprise to me. How did your folks take the news? Is there a good church up there? I mean,now that you are sure of the priorities for ice cream and hodgepodge department stores, I"m sure a solid church is on your list.
I'm excited for you guys. I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding renters.

Laurie said...

How far away is New Freedom? It will be weird not to have you within a five mile radius. I think pretty much your whole life we've lived within walking distance.

Libby said...

Ladies, rest assured, we will still be attending Chesapeake! It's home! We'll just make the trek and be more intentional about being involved! A challenge, but one we are up for! Laurie, it will be super odd to be more than five miles from anyone that I know...definitely the hardest part in this.

Anonymous said...

You're going to have the drive I used to have! It's definately doable! Besides, if you have stuff in the evenings you can probably just crash at your dad's if you have an hour or so inbetween, right?

Beth Young said...

Hey! how much are you charging for rent?

Libby said...

beth, for you.....$1850 a month! ;-) Seriously, if you want to know, drop me a note e_g_turek@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

free rental commercial petite annonce