Sunday, November 06, 2005

Humbolt Earth



This weekend (and beyond) was spent doing more remodeling on our house. Remodeling that we've wanted to do since we moved in. We braved the lines at the brand new Lowes...braved them six different times over the course of two days, we did! The outcome was a drastically different living room and hallway. We transformed the living room from a yellowish color (Which I hear Abi and Jimmy never liked to begin with), to Humbolt Earth, a chocolately brown. Crown modling is next in line for the living room. Kristin said "the room looks formal, but I like it." We added new light fixtures to the entryway, kitchen and upstairs hallway. Amazing what a little update into the 21st century can do! ;-) I bet the lights we replaced were the originals from when the house was built in '89??! =)

I don't have finished product pictures yet, but when everything is finally put together, I will post them! Or ya'll can just drop by. Hmm, I retract that statement. As much as I'd love for you to just "stop by," I can't handle a mad rush! So do us a favor and call first! :-)

Thank God for friends! Ken Wood stopped by all day Saturday to help install the new light fixtures, change out sockets, etc. I am convinced he stopped by for the FIVE sandwiches he ate at lunch!! But either way, he is an awesome friend, and a gifted electrician! Thanks Ken Wood! Kristin stopped by too. But somehow she managed to get out of any sort of work! She grabbed her magazines and ran. Then again, she did put in MORE than her due when we bought the house. I guess Kris is forgiven.

Anyway, this weekend was truly a renovating time--for the house and me personally.
God revealed a lot of sin in my heart this past weekend--impatience, anger, and much more. He faithfully reminded me that the work in our house is a process, one which will not be completed over night. Indeed, the renovations may take weeks or months in some cases. But, He gently reminded me that He will finish the work He started, just as we are GOING to finish the work we started!!! Let's pray God's timing for completing work in my heart is much shorter than our time line for completing the work on our house!

9 comments:

Karen Hevesy said...

It was built in 1988..and I'll have you know Jim and I picked out those fixtures. They were very fashionable then, of course so were mullets..and parachute pants..I'll shut up now. Love the pictures, makes me a little homesick.

Libby said...

Karen, I didn't mean any offense to you. I am sure you had great taste...in your day ;-) Stop by anytime those feelings of homesick hit, seriously! I always drive by my Kct. house when I am feeling a little reminiscent!

Sacha said...

Hey Lib-
Love the color. Glad that you put photos up so i now i won't go into shock about the color! :)

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The darker colour of pait will make the couches I see in the pic stand out really nice. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Zoanna said...

Looks rich and warm. I'm gravitating that way. It's cool to see how your house has stayed "in the family". Wonder who gets it next? (Not that you're in any hurry to part w/ your new baby.) We just painted our family room and kitchen a deep sage green At first I wondered how I'd handle the change from light to darker, but I really like it. Stop by sometime. Call first and I'll whip up Premarital Counseling Cake for you,.

Danielle said...

I know exactly what you mean about how renovating a house reveals so much spiritual "junk." Thank the Lord he's not finished working on the "Danielle renovation" project yet! Love the color, by the way!

Laurie said...

Love this color! How fun that you posted pictures. I love seeing houses as they "change hands" so to speak.

Sarah said...

It's gorgeous and looks very homey.

Anonymous said...

Are you looking for a Contemporary Kitchen Cabinet in your area? If so here is a fantastic resource for local listings related to Contemporary Kitchen Cabinet with information, locations, articles and more..Check it out here...http://www.floridakitchendesigns.com