Friday, November 11, 2005

101 things to do before...

I am currently enrolled in a dread awful class--assessment for reading. Instead of listening to my classmates drone on (the teacher NEVER teaches), I have found more exciting ways to occupy my time. This past week, for example, I came up with my list. Let me explain. After reading an article in the magazine Real Simple, I was inspired. Inspired to write my list of things that I would like to do before I die. Some of the items are short term (#27 Get my masters) and others are long term (#41 Work closer to home). This list will continue to grow and change, lengthen and shorten, as I grow and change over the coming months and years. I have some silly things on my list (#14 Weigh between one hundred something and one hundred something before I have kids OR #9 Play Black Jack in Vegas). And some outrageous things on my list (#3 Become a child advocate--either a lawyer or free lance). And some things are nothing more than a dream (#5 Write and publish an adapted children's book for students with disabilities). Some are obtainable in the next year (#18 Learn to make Eggplant Parm.). And some are beyond the realm of this year (#42 Own a VW Toureg or an XTerra).

What would be a few things at the top of your list?

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Not having the block of time that you have to think about such things...my list may not be as profound. However, some things are to learn sign language (if you ever feel like reteaching me!), go on a cross country road trip, learn how to ski in such a way that it doesn't require the ski patrol to come after me, stop biting my nails, have children of my own (with a husband of course!), and go white-water rafting.

Briana Almengor said...

I think this sounds like a good exercise for a mom stuck at home w/ sick kids to do...so, I'll see to it today and share my list with you soon! Thanks for the little bit of inspiration today, Lib.
And, I think I would like to join you on the child advocate thing, Given Judah's circumstances, I have a new drive to see children be helped.

Zoanna said...

I see that Nicole has a similar list. I would include:
learn the violin, update all my scrapbooks, take ballroom dancing lessons, learn conversational Spanish, sign language, and start learning a new language, graduate all my kids from college without debt, remodel the kitchen, learn to make a souffle, take a painting class, adopt a Chinese baby girl, take a cruise on our 20th wedding anniversary (next year), flip a house w/ Paul, and go white-water rafting without flipping or sinking the raft.

Briana Almengor said...

Zo,

Adopting a baby from China was on my list, too! I might post a couple of mine on Judah and Tucker's site later.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Well, one of the things at the top of my list would be to finish my BA (which will happen in April), and then to get my BEd (which would take an additional 2 more years). I will also have at the top to get married and have children, and to have at least one book published.

Zoanna said...

Shelley, are you working on the book now? I would highly recommend it, cuz let me tell ya, you'll barely have time to read bar codes, let alone write a book when the kidders get here.

But keeeeeeeeeee going! OH, do you want a bunk BEd? We have a spare.