Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dog Hair...

...the bane of my existence. Literally. Not exaggerating. People come to our house, and I have to preface a lounge on the couch with, "yeah, we have lint rollers for when you leave." Embarrassing and annoying. Enough to make me want to kill our dog almost daily. It's not his fault that he's a golden retriever. And retrievers shed...a lot. I was ready to just give up and let the hair pile up. It would sort of be like having a down comforter or a feather pillow, right?

Then, last Saturday, Miguel went grocery shopping. He return with a $4 Pledge Fabric Sweeper for Pet Hair. I'm sold. My life has been changed forever. Now when you get up off my couch, you only walk away with a miniature poodle's worth and not a golden retriever's worth of hair. Amazing, I tell you.

(Note: The product is meant to be discarded once it's full. But, since there was no way I was going to spend $4 every other day, I managed to buck the system. I shoved my index finger in between the rollers and managed to extract most of the hair. Take that Pledge!)

If you need proof, see pictures below. These were NOT altered in any way, and are actual pictures of our couch before and after the Pledge Fabric Sweeper.
(Before the P.F.S. entered my life)

(After the P.F.S. worked its magic)

2 comments:

Vegan Burnout said...

If you're in a pinch, put on dishwashing gloves and rub your sofa with them. It grabs all the hair like magic. It's the most awesome secondary use of a kitchen item EVER.

A girl who sees said...

That's awesome! I've never minded it (because I'm a golden retriever kinda girl) but I know it's bothered you!