Friday, May 15, 2009

Forgetful

I love the brown and sea foam green color combination. My daughter's room, my nursing cover, and my wallet are all variations on the theme. Not normally a problem.

Grocery shopping has become quite a task with Isabel in tow. Her car seat is too large, and therefore does not snap into the grocery cart. I either carry her in the baby carrier or put the car seat in the main part of the cart. By the time I am done shopping, the bottom is full, Isabel is surrounded by food, and she usually has one or two items on her lap as well. It's a bit of an adventure, to say the least. Today was no different. The senior citizens were out in force, every line was jammed, and I had a longer than normal list.

As I waited in line, the line behind me continued to grow. I rummaged through my bag to get my coupons and wallet ready. My wallet. The one that I KNEW was in the bag, because I had double checked. As I rummaged around, I let out a sigh. No wallet to be found, just a pretty, sea foam green nursing wrap.

5 comments:

krista said...

feeling your pain sistah!

Kelly said...

ah, yes - the dangers of color coordination...

nicole baird said...

Been there, done that, cried in front of the grocery clerk!

A girl who sees said...

Aw Lib - that's awful!! I'm so sorry :(

Anonymous said...

Oh no, that's not good! What a pain! Did they save the food for you while you ran back to get your wallet???