Monday, January 14, 2008

Perspective

A cute story I heard today:

A little boy is playing "Toss and Catch" by himself in a field. An older man is watching him. The little boy throws the ball into the air, swings his bat, and misses. He then proclaims, "I am the best baseball player EVER." The man watches, and chuckles. The boy throws the ball up again, swings, and again misses. He yells even louder, "I really AM the best baseball player!" The man thinks to himself, "this kid is crazy." Once again, the boy tosses the ball, swings and misses and cheers triumphantly. The man walks over to him and says, "I heard you say that you were the best player ever. How is that, since you've missed the ball three times?"

The boy replies, "I am the pitcher!"

Amazing what a change in perspective does??!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this story! I think we could all use a change in perspective in our lives at times. Thank you for the chuckle!! ;)

Karen (Kaplan) Sharkey

Sacha said...

HA HA HA!!! Love you Lib!