Monday, December 03, 2007

Winter, con't.

I felt like a school kid today. As we sat in the classroom, I glanced out the windows and saw snow flurries. "It's snowing?!!" shouted one student. "Do you think we'll get off two hours early?" I asked, then laughed at myself.

Hours later, this was the view off of my deck. Can you see the snow settling on the railing? I love this sight. Though it's not significant accumulation, it's enough to make me excited.




































(sorry for the glare in this last picture. It was the only way I knew of to capture the snow falling.)


















I think I'll go make some hot chocolate, and think about Miguel as he freezes his tooshie off at the Raven's game!

7 comments:

The Great Debater said...

What a great Ravens game for Miguel to attend!!! I'm so jealous. I couldn't believe the last play of the game...I think the Ravens redeemed themselves somewhat tonight for their "far from stellar" season.

Oh...I must admit that I enjoyed today's flurries as well. Have a great Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you weren't down there with him, keeping him warm. ;) It was a great, exciting game to attend, despite the cold.

Anonymous said...

Oops, that last comment was me!

Anonymous said...

I love the first snow fall!

Zoanna said...

Beautiful pictures, the stark snowy snow-white railing against the black night. When Sarah told me it was snowing, I flew to the window. But it was so faint I couldn't see it from our upstairs window. I am looking forward to the first really big, really cold blizzard. I love it. Love it. Love it.

Kristin said...

I have my pjs on backwards tonight hoping that the snow will come a little early tomorrow. We had a tease when our school superintendent called tonight, just to let us know that they would call tomorrow IF schools were delayed. So disappointed!!

Anonymous said...

It is now snowing in New Jersey... yea!