Monday, June 11, 2007

Summer Posts

This is the first summer that I have been able to be a "real" teacher and NOT work. Not to say I won't be working, BUT, I will not be teaching. What a huge relief at the perfect time. In light of my new found freedom, I thought it would be fun to post again-from time to time. For my first post, a recipe for an easy to make summer appetizer.

Stuffed Portabellas

1 pkg. Baby Bellas or 4 Large Portabella caps
1/2 package Feta Cheese
1/2 t. Oregano
1/2 t. Rosemary
1/2 t. Basil
2 T. Olive Oil (more if needed)
1 T. Bread crumbs (more if needed)

1. Scoop feta into a bowl and mash with a fork.
2. Add spices to taste. Add oil and stir to form a mushy ball. Add bread crumbs until a firm ball forms.
3. Remove stems from mushrooms. Gently wash mushrooms.
4. Stuff each mushroom with cheese mixture.
5. Cook for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees. Cheese will be lightly browned.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey - you're back to blogging! Yay for the summer off! Congrats.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I think we had these at your house and they were good.

Anonymous said...

Feta cheese is my favorite cheese, and all the spices in here sounds delicious. Hopefully I'll make these when I get back from Russia, they sounds so good.

Glad to have you back.

Anonymous said...

Aha! Just as I predicted! You can't escape us :-)

Anyway, thanks for the post!!! Glad to see you back, even if it is for a short time.