Sunday, August 14, 2005

"The Buck"

The love of my life turned 24 years old on Saturday. I was going to write a blog about our time away together. I thought a nice picture of the two of us would be the perfect way to detail our time together. However, as I was leafing through pictures looking for one to post, I stumbled across these pictures...I thought they would be much more entertaining than the details of our weekend at the beach!

Several summers ago, a bunch of rowdy (and bored) singles decided it would be great fun to take a trip up to the Buck. That particular evening happened to be their annual "Mud Run." First, the boys ran. Second, the girls ran. And last, but certainly not least, the couples raced. Joshua Ayers and I joined up. Miguel and Danielle believed they could beat us. Haha, it makes me laugh even now. As the announcer gave the count down, I jumped on Josh's back. Off we went. As we ran by Danielle and Miguel, we jumped on them. Down they went. Down we went. The fun had began. We tried our very best to finish the race as couples. However, next thing I knew, Miguel had tackled me in the middle of the mud pit( picture #1). The crowd began to chant, "get him, get him!" Revenge was the only thing on my mind. The sounds of the crowd were drowned out. I had to get him back. I had to hunt him down (picture #2) And once I realized the entire stadium was staring at US, there was no way I'd be the only one covered head to toe! And oh boy did I get him (picture #3)!

Enjoy. And remember, rednecks have fun too!

5 comments:

Briana Almengor said...

I can't wait to show Lawrence these pictures. We attended the Latino Fest this year, and decided the boys would grow up experiencing here and there the Latino culture. At the Fest I asked Lawrence if we'd also have them experience more of my "cultural" upbringing and go to the Buck! :)
I know it'll be quite a stretch for LA, but it'll be super fun for the boys. Mud pit fights, tractor pulls...what else is there in life really! :) :) :)

Libby said...

Bri, we'd love to go with you! shoot, the demolition derby is the BEST!!! Tell LA that if he wants his boys to grow up into MEN, that he'd better start broadening HIS horizons! and I think the Buck is a great place to start! hehe.

Danielle said...

Yeah Briana! If you want people to join you, Josh and I would love to go! We were talking the other day that we needed to go to the Buck. I've been twice and would love to go again, and Josh's never experienced it. The mud run is the BEST! Thanks for posting these pictures Lib. As soon as your blog opened on my computer screen I started laughing, recognizing the pictures! Such fun, crazy times!

Anonymous said...

What's the blue junk on ya? It doesn't look like you're wearing much underneath. Please explain!
At what age does such fun stop?

Libby said...

We all just happened to be wearing blue clothing that evening. AND with all of the mud (waist deep at points), we were soaked and mud packed. The clothes were sticking to us! AND the fun never has to stop! Why stiffle fun and excitement just because we age?! You have to admit that you have a kid inside of you who would love to do something silly, fun, and harmless!