Friday, November 19, 2010

cooking

I like to cook, like to bake. but am famous for mishaps, both irredeemable and salvageable, in the kitchen. yesterday, for example--

**I forgot to put vanilla in my cake. Good thing it's carrot and you can't tell one bit.
**I ran out of foil, and needed to cover my dish for baking.
**I ran out of cinnamon mid-recipe so had to zest a cinnamon stick (does that even work?!).
**I am pretty sure that Miguel and Isabel have eaten more than their fare share of icing, so most likely, I will be short on that, too!
**My cake was too big for the fridge. I have no more room in the fridge and need to put in 2 lasagnas and a huge bowl of salsa. hmmm....can't fix that one!

How about you, any good kitchen antics of late?

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I'm the same - always running out of stuff and needing to substitute. The one thing that drives Toby bananas is when I make something new for guests and say, "Now, I've never made this before, so I hope it's okay!" He thinks it makes folks nervous, but I think it's polite to give fair warning. :)