Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Thankful

Ever have one of those days/weeks/months where everything seems to be in upheaval? In the midst of much change (and subsequent self-pity), I was reminded yesterday of a few things that are truly enduring. Cherished friendships.

I received an early morning wake-up call from a dear friend. Then, less than 20 minutes later, an unexpected call from another long-distance, enduring-through-the-seasons friend. And to top it all off, yet another "random" phone call from a bosom friend, just to say "hi."

I was able to walk into my day, reminded of God's faithfulness in even the smallest of areas. I am so grateful for enduring friendships. What are you grateful for today?


7 comments:

Danielle said...

Agreed. Had great "girl-time" with a friend I hadn't seen in two months last night at Panera and on the way had a conversation with my newly-engaged long-distant friend. Excellent.

AND I'm looking forward to time with you and Isa on Friday! A great friend week indeed!

Leanne said...

Definitely. Got to spend time with my best friend last weekend who lives in Louisiana who I hadn't seen in over a year, and getting to see my college roommate tomorrow (and it's been 5 years since I've seen her). So good of God to provide these opportunities!

Melodye said...

Aw Lib, God really does give us what we need when we need it!! Are you okay?? Remember, I am just a FB message or email away. I continue to pray for you, Isabel and Miguel every day.

Love you
Momma O.
mjoy_59@yahoo.com (just in case you don't have my email address)

Melodye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
A girl who sees said...

Friend, I'm so glad that the Lord chose that day to show you His grace in that way. Isn't it wonderful when He chooses to do these sweet things for us? I too have been refreshed by these things recently - like a nice walk outside with a certain friend and our kiddos! ;)

Anonymous said...

Lib-I feel the same way! Not many people can say they have such great friends...and such great friends that they have known for almost forever! I'm thankful for your friendship and it is something I will always cherish.
Love ya, Laura