Sunday, August 12, 2007

Restaurant Review

I love to try new restaurants, but I am not especially fond of chain restaurants. However, last night, Miguel and I went to the Bonefish Grill to celebrate his birthday. Wow. The restaurant just had its grand opening in Bel Air on Monday. The atmosphere was a little chaotic (I think every single server they had was on the floor!), but the food was incredible.

We started the evening off with the Bang Bang Shrimp, which came high recommended from a Connell. When a Connell says something is worth trying, IT IS! The appetizer is served with a creamy, spicy sauce. The sauce is one I will definitely try to replicate. And to top it off, we got to use chopsticks, very fun.
For dinner, Miguel had a rockfish version of chicken chesapeake, with a nice spinach, tomato topping and a lime dressing. So good. I had to steal several bites.
I had the ahi tuna (rare) with a warm mango salsa. Delicious. Miguel doesn't prefer raw fish, but he loved the way the tuna melted in your mouth.

The restaurant was a tad pricey, but definitely worth it. Oh, and a fun side note: Brenda Hranj (Jennifer Lyttle's mom) works there, so you'll bump into a friendly face if nothing else!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds good. Emily C. and I had a long conversation on restaurants on Thursday night and she mentioned this was one to try. Can't wait!

Zoanna said...

My Ben wants to work there. ARe they hiring?

~M said...

Libby, Michele Hardwick here from Grace Community.
I came across your blog through a series of "clicking."

HOw are things?!? What is new in your life? Looks like you moved to PA? Any kids, etc.?

Nothing new with me, not necessarily a bad thing!

Let me know how things are going.

Anonymous said...

We LOVED this place. We went there last night. Pricey: Yes. Fabulous: Yes. Delicious: Absolutely!