Tuesday, January 10, 2006

On Reading

A few months ago, a friend asked if I was interested in starting a book club. I talked it over with Miguel, and he gave the go ahead for my involvement. However, time slipped by and I imagined I would never read a novel in the new year, much less join a book club. Well ladies and gents, it's happening...I've finished one novel already this year AND the book club looks to begin within the next few weeks. Anyone interested? It will be comprised of myself, two girls from work, Naomi Sherer, and anyone else! We aim to read a book a month, then host a dinner once we all finish said book to discuss and socialize. If you are interested, send an e-mail and I will be sure to give you more details once I have them. Any suggestions for good, fiction novels?

7 comments:

Libby said...

girl, I don't know...I am sure Mig won't want to...so I'll talk to him and letcha know asap!? =)

Danielle said...

Sounds interesting. I've been wanting to start one for a while, but finally decided until I stopped working outside of the home, I probably couldn't swing hosting one and/or another night out. However, let me know what book you all decide on and once you have a date and I'll consider . . .

Kristin said...

i might be up for it! it might be nice to discuss books with people above 4 feet tall! let me know the details

Danielle said...

Book suggestion: Rebecca by Daphane du Maurier. It's a classic but you won't be able to put it down! Check it out on Amazon

Zoanna said...

Sounds like fun, but I'm a slow reader. I couldn't read a novel in a month unless that's all I did. The book parties sound like fun; could I be an honorary member? hehe

Libby said...

Dan, thanks for the suggestion! Wonderful book, I recommend it to everyone I know! =) We are starting with a book called The Time Travelers Wife. DOn't know much about it, but the first few pages have been interesting!

Abi said...

Hey Libby!
That sounds like a lot of fun - any chance I can still get in on it? Email me and let me know any details.