Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Marley and Me

August is my month to host book club, and therefore, my month to choose the book. I went for a light, easy read, "Marley and Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog," by John Grogan. My aunt had recommended the book, saying I must read it, given the fact that Cuzco is such a....uh, well trained, mannerly dog. This book, however, made my dog look like a saint! Honestly, jumping and licking are nothing compared to the shoe eating, leather couch destroying, gold necklace swallowing dog, named Marley. I laughed as Grogan vividly described Marley's almost daily antics. I cried when Marley passed away.

In light of the book choice, I thought I would share this recent dog story. BEWARE, it's not pretty! Machito, our dog's brother, is an avid food lover. His physique proves this--slightly over-weight and poky. He will devour anything put near his mouth, and I mean anything. The other night, Erika was changing Zion, and noticed that his umbilical cord had fallen out. Aaron started looking for it on the floor around the changing table. He found the clamp, but no umbilical cord. Upon further inspection, Aaron realized that the clamp had teeth marks all over it. Machito had managed to eat the umbilical cord and leave the plastic clamp. Bet that tasted yummy?!

12 comments:

Marie said...

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Anonymous said...

There is throw up in my mouth....

Annabelle's got stuck to my shirt and it took a few minutes to find it-my shirt was black!
xoxo, Laura

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

That's about the grossest thing I've heard in a long, LONG time.

Anonymous said...

That's just gross, sick, and disgusting!

Oksana said...

Gross! Yuck-o... ew!

Anonymous said...

Libby,
If you didn't already know, I am crazy about my two pups! Surprise! Anyhow, I read "Marley and Me" also and like you I loved his antics and bawled my eyes out when he passed away. Jeremy who is also an avid reader refuses to read the book because he knows it will make him cry as well. Amy Rife

Becoming a Morrison said...

Maybe he needed the stem cells....????

Anonymous said...

at least your tupperware is still safe!! ;)

Kelley Murphy said...

well, people in other countries sometimes eat the placenta so...

Kelley Murphy said...

(Oh and i also cried when Marley died. Like, boohoo cried.)

Melodye said...

That IS gross!! But, I'm sure that any one of us who has had dogs -- and babies (just you wait!) can tell gross stories -- just comes along with the territory!! I guess I always think, about a second after Tess licks my face, where has that tongue been??? (like in the cat's litter box!!) UGH!! Momma O.